Yesenia EspañaGreater Sacramento Area | Remote | Open to relocation
ExperienceContractor Visual Designer at Papaya Pay
4/2023 - Present. Remote.Papaya Pay is a B2C developer of a user-friendly online mobile application and payments technology designed to simplify bill payment for consumers. Papaya lets users take a photo of any bill and then its artificial intelligence-powered “bill-understanding technology” makes sure it gets paid.
- Collaborated closely to support CRO, sales executives, and product manager remotely- Designed and produced custom widgets for presentations and implementation on partners’ websites- Consumers paid bills easier and faster when using these widgets embedded in Biller’s online portals
- These widgets are part of a strategy for partners to collect anywhere from 10-30% more payments every billing cycle, resulting with Papaya acquiring more users in the process
- Widgets were easy to build for partners and designed to fit within partners’ brand guidelines
- Turned around mockups quickly to support Sales teams weekly pitches
- Created high-level presentation decks for product pitches and demos
- Put together consumer journey flows, custom charts, and mockups for presentation decks in a simple and professional way
- Produced banners, email/social templates, one-pagers and more using Figma and Illustrator
Contractor Digital Graphic Designer at Neo4j
5/2023 - 10/2023. Remote.
Neo4j, the Graph Database and Analytics leader, helps organizations find hidden relationships and patterns across billions of data connections deeply, easily, and quickly. Customers leverage the structure of their connected data to reveal new ways of solving their most pressing business problems, with Neo4j’s full graph stack and a vibrant community of developers, data scientists and architects across hundreds of Fortune 500 companies.
- Delivered impact with creative B2B business solutions within the Brand and Creative Services team remotely
- Supported the team during a new visual identity launch that better reflects their evolution as a company while staying true to their foundations
- Contributed to their brand training manual, converted old assets to the new visual identity, and produced new assets that fit within brand guidelines
- Designed beautiful presentations by simplifying complex ideas and visuals with using design principles, full-bleed imagery, product diagram sketches, and infographics
- Created high-visibility requests such as eye-catching event booth designs, solutions sheets with QR codes to capture leads, use cases, and custom swag like t-shirts and coasters for event attendees
- Other assets I produced include customer testimonial layouts and infographics
- Executed various creative requests such as blog headers and icon creations from internal teams like Product Marketing, People, Field Marketing, Developer Relations, and PR
- Provided a thoughtful point-of-view on why creative decisions were made that aligned with brand guidelines
- Communicated clearly throughout design process, and articulated feedback and inspiration in an effective and inclusive way
- Maintained positive and professional relationships with team members across global organization, and participated in team meetings and collaborations virtually using Slack
Freelance Designer at Be Grizzlee
9/2021 - 4/2023. Remote. Be Grizzlee is an always-on studio that hyper-tailors content for all its partners. Through agile production and a disruptive core, their diverse talent delivers best-in-class experiences globally.
- Joined the Design and Animation teams remotely on confidential projects for one of the most innovative tech companies that specializes in consumer electronics
- Created clean, modern, and simple digital out-of-home placements that built brand awareness in international markets such as Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan
- Produced digital ads with artwork resized at different dimensions, while ensuring that design elements were consistent across each asset
- Digital ads were created for different channels such as Apple News, Google, and Snapchat
- Modified content using Adobe Creative Suite with high level pixel-perfect standards, and worked closely with design directors and project managers to ensure client handoffs in a timely manner
Freelance Designer at Zest AI
9/2021 - 7/2022. Remote. Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Their mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our AI-enabled software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the FinTech industry.
- Worked closely with Creative Director remotely on Slack on applying the company’s new branding to various assets
- Applied new branding to banner ads, white papers, case studies, social media posts, and website layouts, resulting in a cohesive and unified presence in their industry
- Assisted the growing sales team by updating their presentation decks in Google Slides within brand guidelines
- Expanded creatively on their brand by exploring new ways to utilize color palette, patterns, and other design elements across various marketing material
Freelance Production Designer at Tubi TV
6/2021 - 7/2021. Remote. Tubi is the most watched free TV and movie streaming service in the U.S., dedicated to providing all people access to all the world's stories.
- Supported the Design, Marketing, and Growth teams remotely on asset overflow
- Produced a high volume of assets quickly and efficiently within brand guidelines for Facebook ads, banner ads, and other similar creative
- Modified these assets in Adobe Photoshop by clipping artwork and titles and creating composites
- These assets were exhibited and distributed on various third-party platforms, including but not limited to: Amazon, Google, Roku, Samsung, and Vizio
- Delivered assets at various sizes and resolutions optimized for all of Tubi’s marketing platforms
Freelance Graphic Designer at Afterpay
3/2021 - 5/2021. Remote.Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases.
- Partnered with the Marketing team to create, adjust, and offer art direction on Google Slides decks for sales pitches
- Specifically designed a master template that closely followed their brand guidelines
- The design contained flexible and modular light and dark versions for their presentations, and editable pitch decks for their Sales team
- This allowed the Sales team to focus on content instead of design so they can pitch to potential partners with expertise and polish
- Also created infographics and charts for presentations as needed
Graphic Designer at Shaklee Corporation
9/2014 - 11/2018. Pleasanton, Ca.
Shaklee is a wellness company born from nature and shaped by science, and we’ve been creating products that actually work, nurture, heal and change lives since 1956. Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, they have global operations in Canada, China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, and Taiwan.
- Designed on-site with small in-house creative team on a daily basis
- Interacted cross-functionally with different teams from other departments such as Marketing and Sales
- Created web banners and social media posts that were utilized by Distributors of Shaklee products to create awareness, educate their audience, and sell
- Focused a large part of my time there on design and production of marketing emails with tight deadlines
- Handled design for event signage and print layout for brochures and one-sheeters
EducationBFA Graphic Design at Academy of Art University
2009 - 2014. San Francisco, Ca.
Pursued BFA degree and completed 96 units.
Highly proficient with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Figma, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Keynote, and Google Slides
Highly skilled with art and illustration; strong experience with photography, retouching and basic HTML/CSS; speaks Spanish and English fluently and basic French